The Pawling Garden Club was founded in 1935 and is now in its 77th year of existence. Mmes. Colman, Gunnison, Cooke, Saiken, Cole, Morrison, Jefferds, Daniels, Gambee, Dawes, Dutcher, Coulter, and Benson were founding members of the club. A love of gardening and flowers brought the original members together.
The Pawling Garden Club prides itself on beautification projects for the Town and Village of Pawling. Crab apple trees were planted at Coulter Avenue and Route 22, an oak tree was planted at the Town Hall, and flower beds and trees were planted in the park between McKinney & Doyle and the Dutcher House. The front garden at the Pawling Free Library was created, evergreen trees were planted in the entrance circle at the Pawling High School, and thousands of daffodils have been planted throughout Pawling.
This year, the club is planting a tree at the Pawling High School in honor of Arbor Day. Each year, The Garden Club makes a donation to the Pawling Community Resource Center. In honor of Armed Forces Day, club members present red geranium plants to the families of our active duty military. Many members of the club serenade and present gifts to the patients at the Dutchess Center for Rehabilitation in December. They donated a bench to the Pawling Village Green in 2009, and in 2011 donated two granite benches for the 911 Memorial Garden at the Pawling Fire House. Each year in early June a Spring Market is held to raise funds for the club and it’s beautification projects. The Pawling Garden Club welcomes new members—all that is required is a love of gardening! Contact June Schlesinger at 855-8009 or email@example.com