Super Bowl Chili Cook Off
To benefit WPWL/Pawling Public Radio
Saturday, January 13, 2017
6-9 p.m. Pawling South Street Fire House
- Amateurs only, 21 years of age or older.
- There are two categories: with meat, and without meat.
- You may enter more than one chili, up to three. Each is counted as an individual entry.
- Your entry fee includes your admission.
- Each entrant will be assigned a number which must be displayed on your table.
- Tables and table clothes will be provided.
- Tasting cups, spoons, and napkins will be provided, but you must bring your own serving utensils.
- You must provide your own extension cords.
- Entrants should arrive by 5 p.m. to set up. Table decorations are optional.
- Please bring at least one large crock pot of chili.
- The name of your chili and a list of ingredients must be posted at your table. If your chili is hot/spicy, this must also be indicated.
- If you are using any sensitive ingredients such as alcohol or not-based oils, or other foods which may cause allergic or other reactions, you must post a sign on your table identifying this ingredient.
- You may bring additional condiments if you want to enhance your chili.
- Chili must be hot and ready to serve by 6 p.m.
- Attendees will be admitted for tasting beginning at 6 p.m.
- Chili should smell good, look good, and above all, taste good.
- Judges will be seated in a separate designated area.
- Criteria for judging will be:
- TASTE: Taste above all else is the important factor.
- CONSISTENCY – Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat and/or beans.
- AROMA – Chili should smell good.
- All entrants are responsible for setting up their tables, and cleaning up at the end of the event.
- All entrees must be received by January 11, 2017.