An earlier article talked about claiming your “space” for your business or organization in Google and Yahoo-local. Here’s another great free way to publicize your trade or club; a Facebook “Page”.
A Facebook Page is a Facebook presence for a business or organization. Facebook pages are a potent tool for publicizing or focusing attention on a school, a service, a product, a club, a band. See some sample Facebook pages at www.Facebook.com/pages.
Anyone can make a Facebook Page, as long as they are the “official representative” of the organization that the page is for. Happily, making a page on Facebook is very easy to do and requires only a few minutes to get started.
How to make a Facebook Page:
1. Sign on to your personal Facebook account. If you don’t already have one, go to www.Facebook.com and fill in the form to create your own membership.
Notice, please: your Facebook page will always be associated with the Facebook account that you are signed onto when you create the Facebook page. Set up a separate account for your business or organization if you don’t want the page to be connected to your personal Facebook membership.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Facebook webpage and click on the link “Create a Page” to go to a list of page categories.
3. Choose a category that best fits the business or club or person that your page will be about.
4. Fill in the basic details and chose a photo to go on your page. NOTE: your page name is permanent, so chose your words with care, and check your typing. The name that you chose will also appear in your page’s web URL and will be picked up by web indexes, like Google. (The name can be edited, but only until you have 100 friends or fans. Then it is set in Facebook concrete, forever.)
Click OK — and you’re done. You now have a Facebook page.
5. You’ll be taken to your page, pretty much as it will look to visitors, but you have the option to click on the “Edit Page” button in the upper right corner. Click that and fill in all of the details that are pertinent to your page. Save, review and edit more if you like.
6. Click the “Get Started” link at the upper left, under your picture. Tell your friends. Use the links in Facebook to spread the word and build your base of Facebook friends. You’ll also find tools for making links to put on your other web pages too.
7. Check out all of the extra little features on your Facebook page. Like the “Make a Deal” button that lets you create special offers and coupons for visitors to your Facebook page. If you have a Twitter account, be sure to check into linking your Facebook Page and your Twitter account. You can set it up so that what you tweet automatically appears on your Facebook Page and vice versa. Very handy in our socially networked world!
I hope this is helpful. Please do get in touch if I can help answer any questions about it. Mike Pepper ~ Computer Guy; PawlingComputerGuy.com. 845-855-5824